Overview of Fitness During PregnancyRegular exercise and fitness during pregnancy are essential for mums-to-be. It not only helps you stay healthy but also improves your body posture and reduces backaches, fatigue and other discomforts. Studies show that physical activity during pregnancy may prevent gestational diabetes and reduce anxiety. Fitness regime also helps you destress, maintain a healthy weight, improve stamina and feel good. Read on to know the best exercises for pregnancy woman and when to stop your workout.
What Are the Best Exercises During Pregnancy?The purpose of getting into a fitness regime is to stay healthy, alleviate body aches, reduce swelling, improve mood and recover quickly postpartum. So, any type of physical activity is best for you regardless of the trimester. You can practice any form of exercise that interests you and is suitable for your case.
Here is a list of some of the best exercises during pregnancy:
- Kettlebell exercises
- Strength exercises
- Pelvic exercises
- Lightweight training
What Are the Exercises to Be Avoided in Pregnancy?Expecting mums are recommended to avoid rigorous workout and sports during the gestation period. Here is a list of physical activities, exercises and sports you must avoid during pregnancy:
- Exercises that involve holding your breath for long
- Exercises that involve extensive hopping, jumping, skipping or waist twisting
- Exercises that involve an abrupt change in direction or involves jarring movements
- Exercises that may cause abdominal trauma
- Exercises that involve weightlifting, double leg raise, crunches, full sit-ups etc.,
- Sports, such as tennis, cricket, football, basketball, horse riding etc.,